Q. What is the RATER model of measuring customer expectations?
RATER is a condensed series of factors from the original SERVQUAL model of measuring the quality of service provision or perception of management in organisations.
These five elements are:
- Reliability. The ability to perform the promised service dependably and accurately
- Assurance. The knowledge and courtesy of employees and their ability to convey trust and confidence
- Tangibles. The appearance of physical facilities, equipment, personnel and communication materials
- Empathy. The provision of caring, individualized attention to customers
- Responsiveness. The willingness to help customers and to provide prompt service
When customers’ expectations of the service they will be provided are greater than their perception of the service they actually received, the quality of service is deemed low.
Customer Experience Quality Analysis from TTi Global Research
At TTi Global Research, we've developed our own customer experience research framework, based on over 25 years of analysing how companies measure customer experiences. Our CEQA framework looks at customer expectations of the service they will receive at all touchpoints, focusing on three key areas:
- Identifying the moments of truth customers go through when aligning their values with yours
- The quality criteria they use to judge each experience
- The outputs that reflect how well your organisation delivered against each attribute.