You are here
Customer Satisfaction Gap Analysis Programme for RDL Corporation Ltd
RDL Corporation developed a growth-orientated business plan with the aim of making companies within the group the first choice for specialist recruitment services in Europe in the next three years. Complementing and supporting RDL’s growth objectives, TTi Global Research designed, implemented and managed a three-stage Customer Gap Analysis programme to identify customers’ needs and expectations, and the specific actions RDL needed to take to create the ideal customer service.
About RDL Corporation
RDL Corporation Limited is a Group of successful recruitment businesses providing high quality, specialist recruitment and resourcing services to a large customer base throughout Europe. With offices in London and Woking, Surrey, RDL employ more than seventy full-time staff and have annual sales revenues more than £18 million.
Started in 1987, RDL is a long-established, experienced recruitment provider who value building long-term relationships with clients, candidates, partners and suppliers.
RDL's mission statement:
‘We are committed to being an established and reputable recruitment group within our chosen market sectors, providing a standard of service that meets customer expectations and the needs of our stakeholders.”
RDL’s brands include:
- SEC Recruitment
- SEC Pharma
By gaining understand of their customers’ perceptions and expectations RDL would be able to identify the key drivers of customer satisfaction and loyalty, as well as use this knowledge to differentiate themselves from competitors to increase market share.
A deeper understanding of customers’ requirements would also allow them to implement changes to their service delivery and management of relationships, bringing them in line with customer expectations.
Specific objectives of the customer research included:
- To determine and prioritise customer expectations of products and services provided by RDL
- To determine customer perceptions of RDL’s image and service delivery
- To determine the resulting performance ‘gap’ between customer expectations and perceived performance to highlight areas where improvement is required
- To unlock opportunities to create best practice service and process systems
- To provide a clear framework for the RDL team to facilitate improvement.
TTi Global’s Customer Gap Analysis Research Solution
Supporting early engagement in the research process, we worked with the RDL team to gain a thorough understanding of their business challenges and objectives. We then provided a comprehensive response to RDL’s requirements applying our industry-leading Gap Analysis methodology.
Stages 1 and 2
The Gap Analysis involved using qualitative research to gather and understand customer expectations and was rolled out in three stages:
Stage 1. Qualitative interviews. Operating from our CATI call centre in Langley, our interviewers conducted appointment-based interviews with a sample of customers. The aim of the interviews was to identify issues customers had experienced with RDL’s services and/or personnel, and how they’d like to see these resolved. This initial interview phase is a key element of all our Gap Analysis programmes as it supports questionnaire development for stage two by revealing what different customer groups actually experience during their customer journey, as opposed to RDL’s perception of it.
Stage 2. Quantitative surveys. Working closely with RDL, we developed an in-depth questionnaire capable of capturing and measuring customers’ views across a range of service and relationship attributes to deliver a 360-degree customer view. This included:
- Customer perception
- Customer expectation
- Customer perception of named competitors
- Low performance diagnostics
- Sentiment analysis through verbatim capture
- Service level measurements such as, frequency.
Interviews were conducted with a broad sample, including prospect and lapsed customers, to gain a complete picture of how customers perceived their interactions with RDL. The surveys were conducted by our dedicated telephone unit, as telephone interviews elicit deeper insights about the customer journey, a dimension that online surveys can sometimes lack.
Contextualising results and adding value to the data is a core part of our customer research service.
Once the interviews were complete, we analysed the results applying our leading SPSS/SERVQUAL model. This enabled us to identify and analyse where gaps existed in service provision, the extent of positive and negative gaps between RDL and their competitors, and the extent to which RDL were meeting customer expectations.
Findings were then transferred into a suite of easy-to-digest reports outlining all RDL’s customer groups and, using priority matrix outputs, highlighting where the biggest gaps in key service and relationship attributes occurred and recommendations for improvement action planning.
We also provided a presentation of rich, actionable research data to RDL Corporation’s Board of Directors and senior managers, allowing the Group to kickstart their three-year business growth plan with confidence.
How TTi’s Customer Gap Analysis helped RDL achieve Business Plan Objectives
Our research revealed:
- Customer Group Identification: Which customer groups wanted the distinct types of services and recruitment solutions RDL offer and the level of importance they associate with them, enabling RDL to refine their services, target customers appropriately and, where required, hone existing solutions to better meet customers’ needs.
- Priority of Services:Which services were more important to key account customers, enabling RDL to focus on activities which increased customer growth through their key accounts and develop specific solutions and services for different sectors.
- Customer Loyalty Drivers: Having a balanced understanding of candidate experience and organising interviews professionally are key to delivering a great customer experience and the strongest drivers of customer loyalty.
Stage 3 – Rolling Customer Satisfaction Index
Our Customer Gap Analysis framework delivered a significant amount of valuable information about RDL’s customer behaviour. Ensuring RDL continued to capitalise on this value, we implemented an ongoing index of customer perceptions, making it an integral part of RDL’s management dashboard.
The customer satisfaction index re-measured RDL’s customer base periodically, determining whether service provision had improved or declined, and enabling them to take appropriate action.
RDL Corporation – On working with TTi Global
“TTi delivered a strong set of results back to our team, we were able to really see and feel our customer pain points and address the critical issues quickly.”
If you want an un-biased view of your service experience from the customer’s perspective, contact us today.